For YMCA members, participants, guests, staff and volunteers
We expect all people using YMCA programs and facilities to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person, or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct.
These activities are prohibited in all YMCA facilities and programs:
- Inappropriate attire—appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA-sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside YMCA facilities or programs.
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside YMCA facilities or programs, or on YMCA property or program sites. YMCA facilities and grounds are a smoke-free environment.
- Members, participants, and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member, participant or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a YMCA staff person.
A member, participant, or guest who is in violation of the Code of Conduct could be subject to consequences including removal from a program and/or termination of membership or program privileges.