by the Chef Marshall O'Brien Group
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced (both green and white parts)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add half of the oil. When oil is hot, add garlic, green onions and thyme and stir.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts; add balsamic vinegar and reduce liquid by half.
- Turn off heat, remove cooked spinach from pan, set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add the cooked spinach, half and half, cheese, and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Wipe out the skillet to remove food particles that would cause the eggs to stick.
- Heat the skillet on high, add remaining oil and swirl to cover entire surface; add egg mixture.
- Use rubber spatula to ensure eggs are not sticking to edges of pan so they can be easily removed later.
- Once eggs are firm, place skillet on top oven rack below broiler.
- Broil until browned and firm to the touch, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pan will be very hot, so use oven mitts and take care when removing from oven.
- Set aside to cool slightly, slice and serve.