Reservations for Camp du Nord are made in two phases:
- Lottery—Deadline is midnight on Thursday, January 28, 2016
- Open Enrollment - begins February 19, 2016
Participation in the Lottery is not necessary to come to Camp du Nord. We use the Lottery to make sure our most popular cabins and session dates are distributed fairly. If you do sign up for the Lottery, you will select your top three session choices and cabin preference. We also ask if session date or cabin choice is most important to you—many families love coming back to the same cabin each year.
We do our best to accommodate the preferences of all families selected for the Lottery.
After the Lottery is complete, we open the remaining space for enrollment on a first-come, first-served basis.
How the Lottery Works
For the best chance to get your top choice of session dates and cabin, sign up for our summer Lottery. Go to our online registration system, fill in your information and follow the steps as directed.
- Indicate your top three session choices and whether dates or cabin choice is more important to you.
- Provide credit card information for your $150 reservation fee. This fee will not be processed unless you complete a reservation on Lottery Day. We do not accept checks for Lottery signup.
- Lottery Day is Saturday, February 6, 2016. We begin calling families at 8 a.m. Please be available to take a call and complete your reservation on February 6.
- Once you have completed a reservation and paid the $150 fee, we will send you a bill for the remaining 50% deposit. The final 50% will be due 6–8 weeks before your session.
All spaces that were not reserved in the Lottery are available in our online registration system on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no deadline—you may register as long as sessions are open and available.
Reservation requires a 50% deposit. The remaining balance will be billed 6–8 weeks prior to camp.
Signing Up With Other Families
During the Lottery, you may sign up to attend camp with up to two other families. All families must complete the online signup and include each other’s names where requested. Forms must match and include the party responsible for payment.
When a family is called on Lottery Day, that family may reserve up to three cabins/sites, and the remaining families will not be called.
Questions and Changes
To make a change to your reservation, fill out the change form submit it to:
YMCA Customer Service Center
2125 East Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis MN 55433
Changes in site reservation made within one month of camp will be charged a $25 change fee.