Work for Camp Ihduhapi
Work at Ihduhapi for a life-changing summer job that makes a positive impact in the lives of kids.
You will get:
- Lifelong relationships
- Leadership experience
- A chance to be a positive role model
- Experience working with children and youth
- A beautiful outdoor setting in Northern Minnesota
- To be a part of a close camp community
About Our Staff
Camp Ihduhapi staff are carefully selected based on leadership skills, prior experience working with children, decision-making abilities, respect for the environment and safety awareness. All are currently certified in CPR and First Aid. Waterfront staff members are certified lifeguards and others are certified as First Responder or have been trained in Wilderness First Aid.
In addition to required training & certification listed above, all staff members participate in an eight-day in-camp training prior to summer sessions.
Our staff members come from all over the world, and many return each year. Most are Camp Ihduhapi alumni.
We are proud to hire staff members who live outside of the United States. Please contact one of the following organizations to help you with your application, travel arrangements and orientation to camp life:
If you would be interested in being a host family during a weekend between camp sessions, contact the Summer Camp Director, Jana Graczyk, at 763-479-1146.
Part-Time, Seasonal Positions
Seasonal Teambuilding/ Ropes Course Instructors
YMCA Camp Ihduhapi has one of the largest high ropes course and team building programs in the region. We are currently hiring for seasonal, part-time Teambuilding/ Ropes Course Instructors.
- Candidates must be age 18+ and capable of thriving in an active and outdoor environment.
- Though most of the job is done on the ground, course climbing is necessary.
- Lead groups of various ages and backgrounds in teambuilding and climbing activities.
- Peak seasons (spring and fall) offer opportunities to work 40 hours a week.
- We train all staff in-house with a paid apprentice program.
- Develop leadership skills in a unique environment.
How to apply
We've gone green and all applications must be completed online.