Each year during the Annual Campaign, we ask for your support to keep a long-standing tradition of exceptional camp experiences alive and well. Your donation helps campers—more than 800 in 2016—develop character, build skills, learn from nature and make lasting friends and memories.
In 2016, 103 qualifying campers received financial assistance totaling over $80,000. Many of our scholarship recipients have never been on a family vacation, paddled a canoe or ridden a horse. Your donation makes these life-changing experiences possible for all children, regardless of their family’s income.
With your help, the YMCA can:
- Offer camp scholarships so that no one is turned away due to financial need
- Purchase essential program equipment and supplies
- Provide quality training programs for camp staff
Did you know?
- One three-person dome tent costs $375.
- A customized first aid kit for an extended trip costs $205.
- Complete reconditioning of one wood canoe costs $875 and 60+ hours of labor.
How to donate
We can process your gift online or by check, deferred billing, monthly credit card billing, EFT and donation of securities. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Your gift is fully tax-deductible.
To donate by mail, download the mail-in pledge card.
Most companies match gifts to YMCA camping programs. Contact your human resources department today, and double your gift to camp.
Camp Widjiwagan is always looking for quality equipment. If you are interested in donating an item on our wish list, please email Liz Flinn.
- Dry bags (any size)
- Wood paddles (52” to 58” long)
- Industrial sewing machine
- Eureka six-person Outfitter Timberline tent
- Fisher Boundary Waters Canoe Area Maps
- Toro Workman
- 16-foot Lund fishing boat with 25 to 45 horsepower motor and trailer
- 17-foot aluminum canoes
- 17-foot Old Town trippers (ABS canoes)
- Computers (running Windows XP or newer)