Multicultural Achievers relies on caring adults from the community to support Y staff and to give students individualized attention as they work on college applications, scholarships, and financial aid. Youth also work on developing essential job skills such as resume writing, interviewing, and workplace etiquette.
We emphasize personal growth through leadership development, teamwork, personal responsibility and goal setting.
- Raise academic standards of multi-cultural youth
- Assist multi-cultural youth in gaining acceptance to institutions of higher learning
- Expose multi-cultural youth to diverse career options
- Provide minority adult role models to inspire multi-cultural youth to set and achieve personal and professional goals
- Help multi-cultural youth develop a positive sense of self
- Build character and develop positive assets in multi-cultural youth
- Create channels for continuing community involvement by business and industry