“Martial arts” is a general term for different traditions of combat practice that exist in many cultures around the world. These traditions teach a combination of self-defense, competition, mental discipline and personal development. Martial arts classes at the Y focus on self-confidence, spatial awareness, coordination and rhythm. Kids learn techniques for kicks, punches and blocks. All classes are grouped by age and ability. See the St. Paul Eastside Y Session 5 sports schedule
- Classes: each nine-week session is $55 for members and $80 for non-members.
Questions? Contact our Customer Service Center at 612-230-9622.
Session 5, October 17 - December 17
Class registration is open through October 29.
Tips and preparation for parents and guardians
- You can also register in person at Member Services
- Have your child bring water and wear active wear and tennis shoes
- Each child will receive a Y T-shirt
- The Y will provide all necessary equipment
- Arrive on time
- Have your child use the restroom before class begins
- Remain in the building throughout the entire class
- Show a photo ID or driver’s license as you enter the building if you’re not a member of the Y