The Y’s Men/Y Service Clubs have been selling Christmas trees and sending kids to Y camps since 1938. There are two ways to support the Y Christmas Tree Lots: stop by to pick out your tree, or volunteer your time.
- Help families pick out a tree
- Cut off the bottom of the trunk and/or remove branches near the bottom
- Assist with carrying and tying tree to buyer’s car
- Brush snow off inventory and cut twine to secure tree for car
Hours and Locations
All tree lots open for business on Friday, November 29.
Minnesota Valley YMCA
13850 Portland Ave. S.
- Open 6 – 8 pm weekdays, 9 am – 6 pm Saturdays, 10:30 am – 6 pm Sundays
- Self-serve 6 am – 6 pm Weekdays and after 6 pm on weekends
- Contact Joe Nelson to volunteer
7355 York Ave. S.
- Open 2 – 8 pm weekdays, 9 am – 6:30 pm Saturdays, 10 am – 6:30 pm Sundays
- Contact Bob Sorenson at 952-888-5762 to volunteer
Northwest corner of Hiawatha Ave. and 42nd St. E
- Open 5 – 8 pm weekdays, 10 am – 8 pm Saturdays and Sundays
- Contact Orville Lindquist (or 612-821-6503) to volunteer
12301 Ridgedale Drive
- Open 5 – 8 pm weekdays, 10 am – 6 pm Saturdays and Sundays
- Contact Steve Coley to volunteer
Highland National Golf Course
1403 Montreal Ave. (between Snelling and Hamline)
- Open through 12/23*
- Open 11 – 9 pm weekdays, 9 am – 9 pm Saturdays and Sundays
- Contact Larry Boll at 651-784-1561 to volunteer
1761 University Avenue (the corner of Wheeler and University)
- Open through 12/20*
- Open 12 – 8 pm weekdays, 10 am – 8 pm Saturdays and Sundays
- Contact Tom Reddy to volunteer
*If the lot sells out of trees, it may close early.