by the Chef Marshall O'Brien Group
This festive salad combines roasted sweet potatoes with the tasty crunch of raw carrots and the sweetness of fresh berries. A shortcut: make it with leftover roasted sweet potatoes from a previous meal! The brightly flavored cucumber-yogurt dressing is a great accent for the salad, and can do double duty as a sauce for meatballs or other salads.
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 11⁄2 cups fresh raspberries (or berry of your choice), washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups roasted sweet potatoes or yams, chilled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3⁄4 cup Cucumber Yogurt Salad Dressing (see below for recipe)
- In large salad bowl, gently combine all ingredients, except berries.
- Toss with the salad dressing. Garnish with the fresh berries.
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce and Salad Dressing
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, finely chopped Kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Just before serving, stir to evenly redistribute ingredients. Serve with meatballs or on Spinach & Sweet Potato salad.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.