Help send kids to camp – buy a tree or volunteer
It’s time for a great annual tradition—the Y has been selling Christmas trees since 1938. In addition to getting a beautiful tree for your home, your purchase helps fund the scholarship program that sends kids to Y camps.
When you shop a Y Christmas tree lot during normal hours, volunteers will:
- Help you pick out a tree
- Cut off the bottom of the tree trunk and/or remove lower branches
- Assist with carrying and tying the tree to your vehicle
Hours and locations
All tree lots open for business on Friday, November 24.
Burnsville—Burnsville YMCA, 13850 Portland Ave. S.
- Open weekdays 6-8pm, Saturdays from 9am to 6pm and Sundays from 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Expanded hours on November 24: 9am to 6pm
- Trees can also be picked up outside these hours—visit the front desk at the Y
- To volunteer or for more info, call 952-898-9622
Edina—Southdale YMCA, 7355 York Ave. S.
- Open weekdays 5-8pm and weekends 10am to 7pm
- Expanded hours on November 24: 3-8pm
- To volunteer or for more info, call 952-897-5465
Minneapolis—Hiawatha Lot, 42nd St. and Hiawatha Ave.
- Open weekdays 4:30-8pm and weekends 10am to 8pm
- To volunteer or for more info, contact Orville Lindquist at 612-821-6503
Minnetonka—Ridgedale YMCA, 12301 Ridgedale Dr.
- Open Fridays 5-8pm, Saturdays 10am to 6 pm and Sundays 11am to 6 pm
- Expanded hours on November 24: 10am to 6 pm
- Outside of these hours, the lot is self-service
- To volunteer or for more info, contact Steve Coley at 952-582-8245
St. Paul—Highland National Golf Course, 1403 Montreal Ave.
- Open weekdays 12pm to 8pm and 9am to 9pm Saturday and Sunday
St. Paul—Midway YMCA, 530 N Wheeler (Across the street east from the Y)
- Trees and wreaths
- Open weekdays 4-7pm and weekends 10am to 7pm
- To volunteer or for more info, call 651-646-4557