Bridge to Fitness is a great introduction to classes for senior members
Whether you’re new to exercise, have decreased mobility, or are recovering from an illness or injury, the Y’s Bridge to Fitness class is a great way to build strength and confidence.
Bridge to Fitness basics
- Free for Y members
- No registration is required—drop in at any time
- 30-minute class that begins with a gentle warm-up
- Class participants remain seated to complete the exercises
- Classes feature fun music
- Exercises will help you work toward increased range of motion, plus core and leg strength
- You’ll get introduced to moves commonly used in other Y Group Exercise classes
Find a Bridge to Fitness class at a Y near you.
Come to class for an opportunity to socialize with fellow members and feel more comfortable trying other ForeverWell classes. If you’re not sure about other classes, ask your instructor for ideas on other Y classes that could be a good fit for you.
In addition to fitness offerings, the Y is a great gathering space for active older adults—check your local Y newsletter for events and activities.