by the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
These colorful and quick roll-up sandwiches are not only tasty—they also provide a good balance of protein, healthy fat and slow carbohydrates from the vegetables and whole-grain tortillas. The tryptophan in the turkey is known to help reduce stress, which is an added bonus. While you are at it, you can also chop some extra vegetables so they are ready for a salad at your next meal!
- 4 whole-grain tortillas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 3/4 cup red pepper, diced or cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced (Include green white and green parts.)
- 8 ounces cooked turkey, deli-style is fine
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Lay tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spread hummus and guacamole evenly on tortillas.
- Add peppers and onions, spreading evenly.
- Add turkey, spinach and salsa.
- Roll up, cut in half, serve.
- To serve as appetizers or snacks, slice into medallions.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.