By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
This crunchy treat is perfect for the road or the trail. Package in individual portions for a quick, satisfying snack. For a little extra heat, add cayenne pepper when adding the spices. Lemon or orange zest can be delicious alternatives to the lime zest.
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Zest of 1 lime
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and cayenne (if using) in a bowl. Stir to evenly coat chickpeas with seasoning.
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet and bake 35-45 minutes, until crispy. Stir occasionally during baking time.
- Remove from oven and garnish with lime zest.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. They will keep for at least a week.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.