By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
Summer is grilling time and this delicious, meaty fish is great for the grill. The arugula salad provides a light, flavorful accompaniment for the meal that takes advantage of fresh seasonal produce.
- 5 ounces arugula, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Ahi tuna steaks, cut into 6-ounce pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Combine arugula, basil and strawberries in a large bowl.
- Combine shallots, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Pour dressing over salad and let marinate while fish is cooking.
- Season tuna with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Grill tuna for 5-6 minutes, leaving untouched.
- Flip fish; continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees or desired doneness, about 5-6 minutes.
- To serve, portion cooked fish on top of arugula salad.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.