By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
Pack these easy-to-eat wrap sandwiches in your insulated lunch pack along with some veggie sticks and fruit for a filling lunch. If you like it spicy, season the chicken with some sriracha sauce or use spicier salsa. The average adult needs 4 ounces of protein so consider increasing the chicken or eating two wraps if this isn’t a child’s lunch.
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 cup hummus
- ½ cup mild salsa (low-sodium, no added sugar)
- ½ pound cooked chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 cup English cucumber, bias-sliced, ¼ inch thick
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 large whole grain tortillas
- Lay out tortillas on a work surface.
- Distribute hummus and salsa evenly on tortillas.
- Add chicken, cucumbers, and romaine, spreading evenly.
- Roll up and cut in half on the bias.
Carrot sticks, red bell pepper strips, jicama sticks, individual servings of guacamole for dipping, apples, grapes, orange segments
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.