Broiled Carrots with Poblano Cream
By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Preheat broiler. Position oven rack about 6 inches below heating element. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Coat carrots and poblano pepper with olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl.
- Place vegetables on sheet pan and broil, turning occasionally, until vegetables are softened and charred, about 12-15 minutes.
- Peel, seed and mince poblano pepper.
- Combine minced pepper with yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
To serve, top carrots with poblano pepper cream.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.