Wellness is a gift that keeps giving—and you deserve it.
Whether it’s your birthday, the holidays, or just another Tuesday, treat yourself right with these wellness-inspiring gifts to yourself:
Rest and relaxation
To effectively tackle the demands of a busy life, it’s important to give your body the time it needs to recharge.
- Sleep can help with overall health, weight control, memory and mood. Try 10 tips for better sleep.
- Relaxation can help you stay positive, reduce stress and achieve happiness. Try these 6 ways to relax.
- If sleep and relaxation are tough for you—it might make sense to start with a massage, which can help with both. Massage therapy is available at the Maplewood Community Center—Y members get reduced rates.
Time to learn something new
Permission to make healthy feelings a priority
Positivity and gratitude are two feelings that … well, feel great! Integrating these aspects into your daily life is a real treat:
- Positive thinking can help with everything from resisting the common cold to living longer. Try these ideas to give positivity a more prominent place in your life.
- Gratitude has been linked to stronger immune systems and lower blood pressure. Try 6 ways to make gratitude part of your life.
A digital detox
Stepping away from the expectation to be connected 24/7 can help with better posture, more genuine connections to others and better sleep.
- Check out a how-to guide on taking an email sabbatical.
- Involve your whole family with 5 strategies to get kids to unplug.
Peace of mind