By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
The chartreuse green color of romanesco, a nuttier-tasting version of cauliflower, brightens up this great salad, which also features seasonal sweet corn and fresh herbs. Its unique appearance also provides a great conversation starter for your next family or neighborhood gathering!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head romanesco, cut into small florets
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 cups plain yogurt
Note: Cauliflower may be substituted for the romanesco.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat; add romanesco.
- Sauté romanesco until deeply browned, about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat to medium; add corn and garlic and cook until corn is bright yellow, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add turmeric, curry powder, lime juice, water and salt. Stir until all liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Add cilantro and mint and mix together.
- Spoon a smooth layer of yogurt onto the serving plates. Top with the salad.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.