By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
Want to cook once and eat twice—or more? This easy veggie dish uses sweet corn, colorful bell peppers, onions and nutty, smoky-tasting cumin in a versatile combo that is great as a dinner side and can be used for lunch later in the week in a wrap sandwich or salad.
8 servings for use in multiple menu items
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 6 cups (about 4 large) red bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 3 cups (about 2 medium) yellow onion, cut in chunks
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add oil, onions and peppers and cook until peppers soften and onions begin to brown.
- Add corn, salt, pepper and cumin and cook until corn is heated through and other vegetables are nicely caramelized.
Serve as a side with grilled or broiled chicken breast or salmon.
Top salad greens with this mixture and a chopped hard-cooked egg for a flavorful salad.
Mix with cooked, chopped chicken breast and wrap in tortillas for an easy lunch.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.