By the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group
This is a great breakfast if you don’t have time to cook in the morning. Assemble most of the ingredients in a portable container the night before, add the fruit in the morning, and you can be out the door in no time. You can warm this in the microwave if you prefer, but no cooking is required. It’s tasty and the complex (slow) carbohydrates in the rolled oats help keep your blood sugar stable and energy level high throughout the morning.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed
- Thoroughly combine oats, yogurt, almond or vanilla extract, and maple syrup or honey.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir in berries and enjoy.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.