Maple, oak and birch colors arrive in a blaze of glory and depart with the soft glow of the tamarack. Autumn is a great time for retreats, introspection, exploring and learning. Spend warm, simple days outdoors hiking or canoeing, and enjoy cool nights by a fire. Fall availability runs just after Labor Day Weekend through the end of October and Thanksgiving week through December.
- Saunas at the woodburning or electric saunas
- Canoes, rowboats, and kayaks available for no extra charge
Snow! Snow! Snow! Over 40 kilometers of incredible cross-country ski trails start at your cabin door and lead into the Boundary Waters Wilderness. From the beginner to advanced, these trails are some of the best you’ll find anywhere. From Thanksgiving weekend through March it is a winter wonderland at Camp du Nord and is well worth the travel time.
- Cross country skis available for rent
- Snowshoes available for rent
- Winter saunas and avantouinti (ice-hole swimming) at the woodburning sauna
- Tubing on the sledding hill
- Winter campfires
Spring is a time of considerable change in the north woods. The small streams churn full from the snowmelt. Spring flowers push their way through the last bit of crusted snow. The forest is awakening—come watch and listen. March through May are incredible months to watch the rebirth of the north woods.
- Campfires and s'mores
- Spring Phenology