Schedules & Activities
Each week is loaded with fun and learning opportunities.
- Water activities: swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boards, fishing, saunas, day trips to local campsites.
- Nature: cookouts, hiking, campfires, environmental programs, overnight camping.
- Fun and games: sand volleyball, field games, gaga ball, arts and crafts, storytelling, sing-alongs, talent shares (bring your musical instruments!), skits, family triathlon, counselor hunt
- Children's Age Groups and Adult Age Groups - time with peers. Adults may choose to enjoy alone time.
- Auction – staff create improvisational skits and sell items donated by YOU! Bring an item for families to bid on.
Daily Summer Schedule
- 7:30 a.m.—Polar Bear Swim (optional and invigorating)
- 8:00–8:45 a.m.—Breakfast Buffet*
- 9:30 a.m.–noon—Age Groups (age-specific programs led by staff)
- 12:30 p.m.—Lunch*
- 2:00–5:00 p.m.—Planned afternoon activities
- 5:30 p.m.—Dinner*
- Evenings—Options include campfires, nature presentations, hikes, saunas, auction and sing-alongs
*Meals are available for an additional fee and must be reserved in advance
Planned Afternoon Activities
Options include: swimming, lounging on the beach, nature hikes, canoeing, and family crafts. Lifeguards are on watch at the beach and boating areas.
- Volleyball Tournament is held on Wednesday afternoon from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Family Triathlon is held Thursdays, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- The Twilight Hike and Night Hike to Old Baldy take place on Monday evening.
- Friday – All camp picnic and Counselor Hunt!
Sample Evening Schedule
- Sunday – Sing-Along and S’mores Night
- Monday—Twilight Hike and Paddle, Nature Presentation, Night Hike
- Tuesday—North Woods Home Companion (Talent Share for staff and campers)
- Wednesday—Community Singing/Open Night!
- Thursday—Live Auction at the Burntside Stage in du Nord Village
- Friday—Closing Celebration at the Burntside Stage in du Nord Village
If you’re looking for non-stop laughter, funny skits, and cool camper-donated items, the auction is your night. Staff spend the evening performing improvisational skits and auctioning items for campers to bid on, all donations go right back to camp, supporting programs all year long! Bring a fun item, offer a service, or make your own item to give to staff and they’ll do the rest!
North Woods Home Companion
Camp du Nord’s take on Prairie Home Companion is a great opportunity for campers to be entertained by our talented staff of storytellers and musicians, while also having the chance to share their own amazing talents! Come to camp with a song to sing, story to tell, or talent to share on Tuesday night.