Reservations for Family Camp are made through a Lottery system:
- Lottery—Deadline to register is midnight on Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Lottery Day- Saturday, December 8, 2018 - you MUST answer your phone on Lottery Day to register for a site. We'll begin calling at 8am.
- You have 2 options this year! YMCA Summer Family will be offered at Camp du Nord and our new Camp Northern Lights
If there are still sites open after the Lottery is complete, we open the remaining space for enrollment on a first-come, first-served basis.
How the Lottery Works
Go to our online registration system, fill in your information and follow the steps as directed.
- During the Lottery registration you will be asked to provide credit card information and will be charged a $25 Lottery deposit (which will be refunded if you do not reserve a site.) We are not able to accept checks during Lottery registration.
- New this year. We have simplified the process. You do not need to submit your week or cabin preferences. We will ask you when we call on Lottery Day.
- If you are new to the lottery, a staff member or volunteer will be calling you before December 8th to answer any questions you might have about registering for family camp.
Lottery Day is Saturday, December 8, 2018. We begin calling families at 8 a.m. Please be available to take a call in order to complete a reservation! We do call back within 10 minutes if we miss you on the first try, but after two calls, we won’t be able to call you back until the end of the day. We do not accept incoming calls.
You will have the opportunity to reserve a session at either Camp du Nord or our new family camp on Bear Island Lake or BOTH! More information to come soon regarding the new family camp.
- Once you have completed a reservation on Lottery Day, we will schedule the remaining balance in three monthly installments for March 15, April 15 and May 15.
All spaces that were not reserved in the Lottery are available in our online registration system on a first-come, first-served basis on December 18. There is no deadline—you may register as long as sessions are open and available.
An Open Enrollment reservation requires a $150 deposit payment at the time of registration. The remaining balance will be billed in three monthly installments on March 15, April 15 and May 15.
Signing Up With Other Families
During the Lottery, you may sign up to attend camp with up to two other families. All families must complete the online signup and include each other’s names where requested. Forms must match and include the party responsible for payment, as well as the party to be called on Lottery day.
When a family is called on Lottery Day, that family may reserve up to three cabins/sites, and the remaining families will not be called. Make sure that the family getting the call on Lottery day knows all of the sites and weeks that all families are comfortable with. To reserve as a group, you must register for the same week on Lottery day.
Questions and Changes
In the event that your plans change prior to camp we are available to assist you. Change and cancellation requests will be made based upon availability. Requests must be in writing and can be submitted online.
Changes made to site reservations within one month of camp will be charged a $25 change fee.