Our age-appropriate programs help campers build skills and make visible progress during their time at camp.
We recognize skill development through a lanyard and pin program. To start the program, each camper receives a free Camp Ihduhapi lanyard and pin (additional pins may be purchased at camp). Campers are encouraged to add pins to celebrate new achievements, such as completing four mornings of Polar Bear Swim. Pins give campers lasting memories and are a great conversation starter when the camper returns home.
Every camper receives the following free of charge:
- A YMCA Camp Lanyard that remains with your child through the years. Returning campers bring lanyards back to camp year after year.
- The official Ihduhapi pin.
- A pin from a Specialty Camp session if applicable (i.e. Horse Camp, Water-Skiing Camp, etc.).
- When a camper attends four days of morning Polar Bear Swim, Road Runners, or yoga they receive the appropriate pin for their activity.
- Camper may purchase other activity pins for $4 each in the Trading Post. Examples include: archery, swimming, campfire, or canoeing and the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.