Work for Camp Menogyn
Work at Menogyn for a life-changing summer job that makes a positive impact in the lives of kids! Whether you are out on trail with campers or working in camp to support the whole operation you will benefit from room & board in our beautifully remote setting, close knit community as well as a chance to develop the following:
- Lifelong relationships
- Leadership experience in both a front country and backcountry context
- Qualities to be a positive role model by gaining experience working with children and youth from diverse backgrounds
- Relevant certifications: CPR, First Aid, Wilderness First Responder Training, Red Cross Life Guarding or Wilderness Water Safety
- Group development strategies and conflict resolution techniques
- Trail Counselor/Guide—Lead groups of teens on canoeing, rock climbing and/or backpacking trips
- Camp Lead—Part Time (Trail Department Manager, Office Manager, Equipment Room Manager)
- Cook—Part Time
- Camp Kitchen Staff—Part Time
- Camp Maintenance Staff—Part Time
If you are interested in joining a committed group of people and having a positive impact on the lives of kids, contact Claire Dzierzak by email.
Applications are accepted online on a rolling basis. We begin reviewing applications in December for the following summer.
Boy and Girls Outdoor Leadership Development Program (BOLD & GOLD) Wilderness Intern
The YMCA's BOLD & GOLD program, operating at YMCA Camp Widjiwagan and YMCA Camp Menogyn, hires 16-18 year old Wilderness Interns. The Internship Program offers young leaders the opportunity to develop their wilderness, leadership, interpersonal and intercultural skills. Interns will participate in a 10 day training session where they will receive group management, experiential education and wilderness skills instruction. Following their training trip, Interns will spend a 12 day session working in conjunction with a Menogyn Trail Staff member to lead a 5-8 day long canoe trip for campers ages 12-15. Preference is given to BOLD & GOLD graduates but all are welcome to apply. Individuals interested in applying for this position need to complete an online application.
Applications must be received by March 15th.
Please email Claire Dzierzak, Summer Program Director for more information and application materials.