Bringing your group to Menogyn is a magical experience, and one that will not be soon forgotten. Through high-quality wilderness tripping programs, we help groups come together and discover strengths.
School, camp, church and private groups are welcome. We can be as involved as you like—from acting as your innkeeper to leading your group through wilderness adventures. Check out our group experience options.
We also host a variety of guided adult wilderness adventures for individuals, including a women-only canoe retreat.
Contact Mo Martin at 763-230-9310 or by email for more details.
Bringing Your Group to Menogyn
We'll provide the equipment, permits, trail guide and food and help you plan the route. We'll work with your group leader to choose dates and customize a program.
- Campers and group participants come first. They are the focus of everything we do.
- Quality and high standards are paramount. This is apparent in our conduct and risk management with every aspect of camp. We expect a lot from our campers, group participants and trail guides. We practice minimum-impact camping.
- Teamwork, respect and participation are important values in every Menogyn group.
- Interactive fun. We have a lot of fun at Menogyn through interacting with the environment and each other. We do not use drugs, tobacco, alcohol, iPods or Gameboys in our programs. We make our own fun by being creative, spontaneous and interactive.
- Wilderness is a vehicle for spiritual, mental and physical growth, learning respect for self, others and the natural environment—all the while having a genuinely good time.
Group wilderness trip success factors:
- Your group should come to Menogyn with a leader they know and respect.
- Upon arrival at camp, your group will attend an orientation session to familiarize you with safety protocol, the uniqueness of Menogyn and our place in the wilderness.
- Group members’ expectations are true to Menogyn realities. They should know we do not have a basketball court, there are bugs and when it rains, we get wet. That’s all part of the adventure.
- The group leader is prepared to help set up camp, do dishes, collect wood and work with Menogyn staff to promote the values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility.
- The group leader is the primary supervisor of minors. Menogyn staff will work with you to find the best solution if issues arise.
- If evacuation is necessary, we are able to evacuate your group from the wilderness. The group leader is then responsible for any group members' medical care and transportation.