Each week is loaded with fun and learning opportunities that include:
- Water Activities: swimming, kayaking, canoeing, SUP's (stand up paddleboards), water trampoline, swim platform and saunas.
- Nature: hiking, campfires, environmental programs
- Fun and Games: volleyball, field games, arts and crafts, storytelling, sing-alongs, family adventure races, counselor hunts
- Northern Lights Live: a family talent share (bring your musical instruments!)
- Auction: staff create improvisational skits and sell items donated by YOU—choose to bring an item for other families to bid on
- Pontoon & Boat Rental: Pontoons and boats are available to rent for an added fee. You can sign up for boat & pontoon rentals when you arrive at camp. We also offer staff led options.
- Cookouts & Overnights: Our staff will help plan your cookout or overnight, and assist you in packing out your equipment and food for your special family get-away.
Sample daytime schedule (subject to change)
- 7:30am: Big and Little Dippers—a chance to start the day with a dip in the lake
- 9-9:30am: Northern Nature, a naturalist program for kids
- 9:30am-12pm: Age-specific programs led by staff
- 2-4:30pm: Family programs (crafts, field games, hikes, paddles, etc.)
- 7pm: Evening activities (campfires, nature presentations, hikes, saunas, Northern Lights Live, auction, and sing-alongs)
*Meals are on your own (except one afternoon when camp provides a picnic at the Community Tent!)
Sample evening schedule
- Sunday: Opening celebration & s'mores night
- Monday: Friends in the Forest (a naturalist program)
- Tuesday: Game Night
- Wednesday: Northern Lights Live (family talent share)
- Thursday: Auction at the Bear Island Stage in Buena Vista Village
- Friday: Closing celebration at the Bear Island Stage in Buena Vista Village
- Saturday: Family Fun Day - a chance for your family to enjoy time together enjoying all the things you didn't get a chance to do or want to try again!