An adventure-filled week of community-based service projects, cultural experience, and relaxation on the beautiful island of Cuba!
March 28th-April 4th, 2020
Centro Martin Luther King Retreat Center, Havana Cuba (learn more about the center)
The Island of Cuba is made up of breathtaking mountains, clay red valleys, white sand beaches, historic neighborhoods, expressive music and culture.
We will be staying at Centro Martin Luther King Retreat Center in Havana, the heart of Cuba. Registrants will stay in a dorm style retreat rooms, equipped with bunk beds, bathrooms, gathering spaces, and full service kitchen. Retreat rooms will be built out by couple, a couple is any pair of two, 18 and up.
Arrival on March 28th: Travel to Cuba will be scheduled from Miami as a group, through the support of the YGTC’s travel agency due to the need for an educational license. Participants are responsible for their own airfare. Please plan to arrive in Miami by 12:00 on March 28th. We will help you with more details if needed. Together we will travel from Miami to Havana, then onto Centro Martin Luther King.
March 29-April 4: The group will participate in four service projects over the week exploring different aspects of the island, its rich history, deep-rooted agriculture and community. Examples of this service are supporting the work of Doctor’s Without Boarders, the Chernobyl Children’s Hospital, school based service project and an agriculture service project. Each day from approximately 8am-2pm, we will travel, work and serve alongside the people of Cuba. We will have two free days during the week (we will have an organized afternoon and evening of live music and Cuban food!) Afternoons and evenings are available for registrants to explore, shop, snorkel, or simply relax in the sunshine!
April 4th: Departure day- travel will be arranged for the group to leave together via the Havana airport to Miami connecting flights will happen from there.
Cost per pair: $1700** ($850 per person)
- Accommodations at Centro Martin Luther King- bunk bed style retreat space
- Breakfast and lunch/snacks each day (pack-out lunches on service days). Dinners are not included in the fee, but we will organize group dinners around Havana or at the Retreat House as determined by the group in advance.
- Yoga, group journals and personal reflection opportunities.
- Afternoon and Evening of live music, food and culture.
**Price does not include airfare, some dinners, alcohol, additional excursions, and tipping.
What to bring
- Appropriate clothing and gear for performing in a wide variety of environments. This includes sturdy shoes, layers of shorts or long pants, t-shirts and lightweight long sleeve shirts, as well as adequate sun protection.
- Flashlight/Headlamp with extra batteries.
- Swimming stuff (suit, towel, goggles, and snorkel). Snorkel gear can also be rented locally.
- Lightweight lounging clothes. Bring something that covers your skin a little more for the bugs at dusk.
- There is no bedding included. Pack a fitted sheet, sleeping bag, sheet, or light blanket. It stays quite warm at night, but it’s nice to have something to cover up with. Fans will be available in your spaces.
- Bug spray and reef-safe sunscreen
- Evening casual clothes for dinners out and evening activity
Our Couples’ Impact Trip is an invitation to step into a week in paradise to focus on service to others, service to self, and quality time with other mission focused participants!
For more information contact Michel Tigan