Can you register/enroll anytime?
- Camp enrollment is on a first come, first-served basis, and many camps fill up early. However, if we have openings, we will accept enrollment throughout the camp season.
- Some camps fill fast, so we suggest that you sign up as early as possible.
What about cancellations, refunds or credits?
- All deposits are nonrefundable.
- For cancellations due to a medical or family emergencies, please contact the camp office for the possibility of a partial refund.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any program that does not meet enrollment requirements. Deposits and payments will be refunded for those circumstances.
Are there trained medical personnel on site?
- Yes. We have trained medical staff on site during regular camp hours.
What about ticks?
- We are very conscious of ticks. We train the staff throughout the summer to identify, remove and dispose of ticks.
- We also recommend that you check day campers well every night.
What do the campers do if it's raining or excessively hot?
- Camp St. Croix has indoor space to accommodate all campers during inclement weather. When the Midwest heat is at its peak, we cool campers down with water games in our water play area (relays, water balloons, etc.) and at the beach.
- In excessive heat, we modify the schedule to give more time in the water and limit high-exertion activities.
What is the waterfront like?
- Our Waterfront staff has extensive training and certification in both lifeguard and brown water safety, as well as CPR and First Aid.
- We have a ratio of one lifeguard to 12 campers, well within the State and ACA standards.
- We are located on Lake St. Croix, in an inlet portion of the St. Croix River. There is not a current within our beach area.
- We perform buddy checks every eight minutes to ensure campers are following beach rules.
What are the ages and experience of your staff?
- Our Specialty Camp Leaders have special knowledge and training in that specialty area.
- Our camp counselors are a minimum of 18 years old.
- Our staff is chosen for their experience, maturity and dedication to our four core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
All staff members undergo a background check and intense training before working with campers.