Getting to camp
You are welcome to bring your child directly to Camp Warren or register for the camp bus program.
When you drop off your child at camp or the bus stop, please check in at the registration table. Have medications and camp store funds ready to turn in.
At pick-up, campers will be asked to remain on the bus or a designated place at camp. A lead staff person will match campers to parents.
You will be asked to present a photo ID. If someone else will be picking up your child, be sure to let us know in advance.
If an adult does not come to pick up a camper, we will try to locate the identified emergency contact. If no one is available after 30 minutes, we will call the police. YMCA staff members are not allowed to transport campers at the end of a session.
Driving your child to camp
For drop-off, plan to arrive at 11 a.m. Pick-up is at 12:45 p.m., or you can arrive at 11 a.m. for the closing day festivities. While here, you are welcome to explore camp and meet the staff.
Get driving directions on the contact page
Download printable map and directions
Taking the bus to camp
To prepare your camper for the bus:
- You must register in advance for the bus program.
- Make sure your camper uses the bathroom before boarding the bus. The coach buses do have bathrooms on board.
- Make sure your camper brings water.
- Campers sit facing forward while the bus is moving.
- No screaming or yelling.
- Inappropriate touching, pushing or poking is not allowed.
- No eating foods containing peanuts, Snacks are allowed on the bus but will be put away during camp.
- Keep all body parts inside the bus.
Opening day: The bus departs promptly at 8:30 a.m. Please arrive up to 45 minutes before the bus leaves to sign in and load your luggage.
Closing day: The bus will return at approximately 4:30 p.m. If road closures or weather significantly change our departure/return times or locations, we will communicate this first by Facebook.
Bus stop location
Buses depart from and return to REI in Bloomington, MN, located at the corner of Hwy 494 and Lyndale Avenue (east of 35W).