By Mark Holloway and Sara Mairs, 90th Reunion Co-chairs
Planning for the 90th Reunion got off to a great start last fall with the formation of the 90th Reunion Planning Committee. The planning process engaged the committee in a detail focused, thoughtful and open minded planning process. A process informed by reunions of the past and expanded upon by our ever-growing, diverse and well represented community of people who hold Widji as a special place. We are striving for fun, connective and inclusive reunion where Widji alumni, family and friends can enjoy camp and the spirit of Widjiwagan. Whether that's by rekindling old memories, making new ones, or both, there is a place for all at the 90th Reunion.
Our planning committee work has kept us busy in 2019. The registration is up-and-running and the program of events for the weekend is taking shape. We are currently in the process of dialing in the final program details. Here's some of what you can expect:
- A Barn dance to start off the festivities on Friday evening
- Yummy food and spirited fun at meal times
- A wide variety of activities spread throughout each day for all ages (this includes supervised activities for children)
- Time to connect with old friends and honor Widji's past
- Time to make new connections and look towards Widji's future
- Time to simply enjoy being at camp - walk around, go on a hike or paddle, breathe in the fresh Northwoods air and relax at Widji
- Camp tours
- Campfires, saunas and singing
- The Morris Canoe Dedication - Joe Seliga's family canoes from his youth are being restored! There will be a special dedication ceremony at the 90th Reunion. The canoes will be water ready and available for paddling. More information
So...Widji alumni, family, and friends, please make plans to join the reunion this summer for a fun filled weekend to celebrate Camp Widjiwagan's 90the Anniversary. Laughter will echo across the North Arm of Burntside Lake and the loons will respond to our calls. The 90th Reunion will be a weekend not to miss. Come experience, once again or for the first time, the connective and powerful Widji spirit.
If you have not already done so, get the dates on your calendar and register.