We welcome parents/guardians, family and friends to visit their camper at the end-of-session banquet. After a Widji group gets off trail, they clean their equipment, check in their gear, shower and then prepare to celebrate their trip with a banquet dinner and reflective closing campfire.
Note: Banquet dates fill fast.
Banquets are always the day before the session ends. For example, if the session dates are July 5-15, the banquet is July 14. Please note: Banquet registration is required one week in advance of the banquet. If you have any trouble registering for your campers banquet, please call 612-230-9622.
*Voyageur and Mountaineer only banquets. These will follow an altered schedule which will be sent to the Parents/Guardians of those campers.
Additional Banquet details can be found in the Widji Information Guide.
Visitors may choose to spend the night at a nearby campground, resort or motel. For information about area accommodations, call the Ely Chamber of Commerce at 800-777-7281 or visit the website at ely.org.
Families may eat in Kirby dining hall (space permitting), eat early in town, or bring a picnic dinner to eat on their own. Everyone is welcome to join in the festivities in camp at 6:15 p.m.
Reservations are required for meals at Widji and are first come, first served. Meal reservations must be received at least one week in advance, though they usually fill earlier. You are also welcome to reserve a space for breakfast the following morning.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the Social Time and Closing Campfire—no reservations required.
Banquet Visitors Schedule
- 4:30 p.m.—Arrive and check in at the Sigurd Olson Center (SOC) office.
- 4:45 p.m.—Camp tour offered by staff to acquaint you with the camp and give you insight into how Widji works.
- 5:15 p.m.—Meet your camper and their group outside Kirby Lodge.
- 5:30 p.m.—Banquet in Kirby Lodge dining hall.
- 6:15 p.m.—Social Time outside Kirby Lodge hosted by Widjiwagan administrative staff. This is a great time to meet your camper’s counselor(s) and trip mates, and to begin hearing the many stories your camper will be excited to share.
- 7 p.m.—Closing Campfire: Groups reflect on their experience and sing songs.
- Your camper will spend the rest of the evening participating in closure activities with his or her trail group. If you are driving your camper home, we ask that they not leave camp until the following morning after breakfast.
Last day of camp:
- 8 a.m.—Breakfast in Kirby Lodge dining hall.
- 9 a.m.—Meet your camper at the office.
- Banquet dinner: $15 per guest (No charge for children 5 and under)
- Breakfast: $10 per guest (No charge for children 5 and under)
- Campfire and social hour: All are welcome