We open our registration process every year with a lottery. The Lottery is designed to give all campers who have registered by January 4 an equal opportunity to be placed in the trip of their choice. We must receive your lottery registration by 5pm on Friday, January 4th in order to include you in the lottery. We accept online, walk-in, mail and fax registrations.
Don't be alarmed if the registration website indicates only a few spots are left or there is a waitlist. The lottery process will give everyone an equal opportunity.
Registration and Financial Aid Information Nights
Monday, December 3 | 6:30-7:30pm
Tuesday, December 4 | 7:30-8:30pm
St. Paul Eastside YMCA Community Room
875 Arcade St., St. Paul, N
- We start Lottery Day by randomly ordering all of the campers who have registered by January 4 and we assign all sessions and subsequent waitlist positions in this order.
- If you have listed more than one choice for sessions, you will be enrolled in the order of your choices according to space availability. This means that if you end up on the wait list for your first choice, and there is space available on your second choice, we will automatically enroll you in your second choice and keep you on the wait list for your first choice. You will increase your odds of getting into a session if you list more than one choice; the more you list, the greater the odds. Please, list only those sessions which you know you will be able to attend.
- Once staff have completed the lottery, we will notify families who have received their first choice in the lottery via email. We will notify families who have received their 2nd or 3rd choice trip by phone.
- Open Enrollment begins Wednesday, January 16, 2019. At this time registrations will be processed on a first come first served basis according to availability. Please contact us before January 16 if you would like to change your lottery results.
- Lottery Registration Deadline: January 4
- Lottery Results Communicated: January 10-11
- Open Enrollment Opens: January 16
- Trips will not be listed individually on the registration page, rather you will register for a lottery and there will be spaces in the online registration process to enter your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of trips/dates.
- NOTE: When asked to enter grade of the child, please list the grade they will be in for Fall 2019. The grade enter determines which trips your child is eligible for.
- There are two lotteries listed on the registration page entitled Widjiwagan Lottery 2019 and Widjiwagan Invitational Lottery. The deadline for both these lotteries is January 4. The trip that you are registering your camper for determines which lottery is appropriate for you. Follow the handy guide below for help with the answer.
Widjiwagan New & Returning Lottery 2019
- Trips included:
- Pathfinders Canoe
- Intro to Boundary Waters Canoe
- Boundary Waters Canoe
- Quetico Canoe
- Isle Royale Backpack
- Porcupine Mountains Backpack
- Bighorn Mountains Backpack
- Rocky Mountains Backpack
- BOLD and GOLD sessions are not subjected to a lottery process
Widjiwagan Invitational Lottery 2019
- To register for this lottery, you should have received an invitation letter from Widji.
- Advanced Trips included:
- Explorer Canoe & Backpack
- Advanced Explorer Canoe & Backpack
- Voyageur & Mountaineer
We require that the registration forms for both campers wishing to friend request list each other in the trailmate request section.
- We will be unable to honor a request if only one of the campers lists a trailmate request.
- Siblings that register for the same session will be placed in separate trail groups.
- Please remember that we can honor only one trailmate request.
- Trailmate requests that involve both returning and new campers will be drawn in the new camper lottery.
- We are not able to accept friend requests for Invitational trips.
Financial Assistance Information:
Widji welcomes all who wish to participate and annually raises scholarship funds to ensure camp fees are not a barrier for anyone. Additional Information