Behavior and Discipline Guidelines
Day Camp staff make every effort to ensure all campers have a positive experience at camp. When a camper does not follow the behavior guidelines, we will take the following action steps.
- Staff will redirect the camper to more appropriate behavior.
- If inappropriate behavior continues, the camper will be reminded of behavior guidelines and camp rules and the camper will be asked to decide on action steps to correct his/her behavior.
- Staff will document the situation, the inappropriate behavior and action taken. Parents will be notified.
- If the situation is not resolved and inappropriate behavior continues, as a final action step, the camper will be dismissed from camp.
- Refusing to follow the behavior guidelines or camp rules
- Using profanity, vulgarity or obscenity
- Stealing or damaging property (personal or camp property)
- Refusal to participate in activities or cooperate with staff
- Disrupting the program
- Leaving the program without permission
- Endangering the health and safety of children and/or staff
- Physical violence or bullying/teasing toward another camper or staff will not be tolerated.