Medical and Illness Procedures
- For the health and safety of all children in our programs please do not send your child to YMCA programs if they are ill. Please notify camp if she/he will not be attending.
- Children must be free from symptoms for at least 24 hours before returning to the YMCA and any contagious illness should be cleared by a doctor.
- Parents/Guardians must notify the Camp Director if their child contracts a communicable disease, as soon as diagnosed. When a communicable disease occurs, the YMCA will notify other participants in writing, including cause and symptoms.
Medication must be sent in a prescription-labeled bottle. Staff may only dispense prescribed medications in the original container that bears the original label and directions.
The following information must be legible:
- Name of medication
- Child’s name
- Date of original issue
- Directions for use
- Prescription number and expiration date
- Physician’s name
- Dosage and duration
- Name and address of licensed pharmacy issuing the medication