Child care provided by the Y is more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development by providing a safe place to learn and develop healthy, trusting relationships. In the Y School Age Care program, we incorporate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) as an education process for helping kids develop fundamental life skills. SEL teaches kids to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
Curriculum Areas of Focus
- Homework Support
- Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Math (STEAM)
- Health/Wellness and Fitness
- Conflict Resolution/Social Competence
- Character Development
- Service and Global Learning
Minneapolis FAIR Downtown School
10 S. 10th St.
(P) 612 323 5378
Registration Form PDF
Program runs first day of school through last day of school.
- After School Care: 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Y School Age Care is closed on the following days: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following Thanksgiving and Memorial Day. Release Day Care is available for other days school is not in session.
A “session” is defined as after school. A 3-session minimum applies.
After School Sessions
3 sessions: $45
4 sessions: $60
5 sessions: $75
Fees, Billing and Information
- A non-refundable fee of $50 per child must accompany registration (unless you register within the promotional savings period). You may authorize weekly automatic electronic fund transfers (EFT) on your registration form.
- Session Fees are paid by EFT on Tuesday, the week prior to each week of care.
- Late payment fees are applied Saturday prior to session.
- A permanent School Age Care schedule is required at time of registration. You must register your child for at least 3 sessions per week. You may combine Before and After care sessions to meet the minimum.
- You may add, remove or switch sessions to your child’s weekly schedule. Changes must be made by Monday, one week prior to care.
Child Care Assistance Programs
For those families receiving assistance through the county or other agency, a current Authorization of Service must be on file with our Customer Service Center before fees may be billed to County/Third Party/Agency. Parent/guardian is responsible for full payment until an “Authorization of Service” is received. Include this information on your registration form.
Personal Pricing Plan
This is a needs-based scholarship fund made available through YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities’ Annual Fund. Learn more and apply online.
For questions or assistance, call 612-230-9622 or contact us.
To arrange transportation to or from the FAIR School Age Care Program, call the school transportation coordinator. Many schools have established bus stops at the FAIR School. Inform the Transportation Coordinator that your child(ren) are to be picked up or dropped off at the location listed. When arranging transportation, gather the following information:
- Bus number or letter
- Pick-up and Drop-off times
- School phone number