Child care provided by the Y is more than looking after kids. It’s about nurturing their development by providing a safe place to learn and develop healthy, trusting relationships. In the Y School Age Care program, we incorporate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) as an education process for helping kids develop fundamental life skills. SEL teaches kids to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
YMCA in New Hope provides Before and After Care for many public and private elementary schools in the surrounding area. School bus transportation may be arranged with the Robbinsdale School District. Private schools may also provide transportation; arrangements must be made by parent or guardian. Please contact the New Hope Y to find out if your child’s school has an established bus stop at the YMCA. Safety is our top priority and a designated staff person will assist your child on and off the bus at the YMCA.
Curriculum Areas of Focus
- Homework Support
- Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Math (STEAM)
- Health/Wellness and Fitness
- Conflict Resolution/Social Competence
- Character Development
- Service and Global Learning
New Hope YMCA
7601 42nd Avenue N.
New Hope, MN 55427
Registration Form PDFs
Monday - Friday
- Before School Care: 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- After School Care: 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Y School Age Care is closed on the following days: Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following Thanksgiving and Memorial Day. Release Day Care is available for other days school is not in session.
When the Robbinsdale School District calls for a LATE START, the Y does not offer before-care during regular a.m. hours. When the Robbinsdale School District calls for an EARLY RELEASE, the Y does not offer after-care during regular p.m. hours.
When school is cancelled due to heavy snow, the Y offers release day care from 7am-5:30pm. If school is cancelled due to cold temps, the Y offers release day care from 6:30am-6:00pm.
Inclement-weather Release Day Programs are open to children already attending YMCA Before Care and/or After Care.
If your child attends a Charter School or Alternative School that does not follow the Robbinsdale School District calendar, YMCA Before Care and After Care will be closed on Robbinsdale Release Days and will not offer care.
If a non-Robbinsdale Public school has a school closing, but Robbinsdale School District does not, we will offer Before and After Care.
A “session” is defined as either before school or after school. The 3-session minimum can be reached by combining a.m. and/or p.m. sessions.
- 3 sessions: $36.90
- 4 sessions: $49.20
- 5 sessions: $61.50
- 6 sessions: $73.80
- 7 sessions: $86.10
- 8 sessions: $98.40
- 9 sessions: $110.70
- 10 sessions: $123.00
Fees, Billing and Information
- A non-refundable fee of $50 per child must accompany registration (unless you register within the promotional savings period). You may authorize weekly automatic electronic fund transfers (EFT) on your registration form.
- Session Fees are paid by EFT on Tuesday, the week prior to each week of care.
- Late payment fees are applied Saturday prior to session.
- A permanent School Age Care schedule is required at time of registration. You must register your child for at least 3 sessions per week. You may combine Before and After care sessions to meet the minimum.
- You may add, remove or switch sessions to your child’s weekly schedule. Changes must be made by Monday, one week prior to care.
Child Care Assistance Programs
For those families receiving assistance through the county or other agency, a current Authorization of Service must be on file with our Customer Service Center before fees may be billed to County/Third Party/Agency. Parent/guardian is responsible for full payment until an “Authorization of Service” is received. Include this information on your registration form.
Personal Pricing Plan
This is a needs-based scholarship fund made available through YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities’ Annual Fund. Learn more and apply online.
For questions or assistance, call 612-230-9622 or contact us.