Kids have a blast in the Y’s full-day recreational program on school release days and school vacation breaks. It’s safe, fun, full of age-appropriate activities that stretch kids’ minds and bodies – and gives them opportunities to practice caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Kids are engaged and entertained
Each day is different – there’s a whole lot of things to do and places to go. Arts and crafts, group games, sports, indoor and outdoor play, themed projects and field trips are just some of the ways your child might spend their day.
Awesome field trips and fun themes
Field trip samples:
- Indoor Activity Parks
- Seasonal Trips such as Pumpkin Patch or Sledding
6795 Gerdine Path, Rosemount
(P) 952 431 8790
3155 144th Street West, Rosemount
(P) 651 423 7905
Shannon Park Elementary
13501 Shannon Parkway, Rosemount
(P) 651 423 7906
Registration Form PDFs
- Drop-off 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Program Day 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Pick-up 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
When the School District calls for a LATE START, Before Care programs are cancelled.
When the School District calls for an EARLY RELEASE, After Care programs are cancelled.
When school is CANCELLED due to extreme snow fall and/or poor travel conditions, YMCA Before Care and After Care programs are cancelled.
When school is CANCELLED due to severe cold temperatures, YMCA will run Release Day programs at:
- Shannon Park Elementary, 13501 Shannon Pkwy, Rosemount, 651-423-7906
- Oak Ridge Elementary, 4350 Johnny Cake Ridge Rd., Eagan, 651-683-6979
- Cedar Park Elementary, 7500 Whitney Drive, Apple Valley, 612-720-9831
Inclement-weather Release Day Programs are open to children currently attending YMCA Before Care and/or After Care.
School Release Day Calendar
- October 11, 17, 18: OR, PV, GH, DP, PW, CP
- November 7, 8, 27: OR, PV, GH, DP, PW, CP
- December 23, 26, 27, 30: DW, NV, HL, RM, WL, EP
- December 31*: WL, EP (*Dec 31 Holiday Hours: 6:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.)
- January 2, 3: DW, NV, HL, RM, WL, EP
- January 20: NV, PV, DP, RP, DW, SV
- February 13, 14: OR, PV, SP, RP, DW, WV, EL
- February 17: OR, PV, SP, RP, DW, WV
- March 6: TL, HL, SP, PW, GH, SV
- March 23, 24, 25, 26, 27: TL, GL, SP, PW, GH, SV
- April 24: TL, GL, SP, WL, GH, SV
CP - Cedar Park
DP - Diamond Path
DW - Deerwood
EL - East Lake
EP - Echo Park
FS - Faithful Shepherd
GL - Greenleaf
GH - Glacier Hills
HL - Highland
NV - Northview
OR - Oak Ridge
PV - Parkview
PW - Pinewood
RM - Rosemount
RP - Red Pine
SP - Shannon Park
SV - Southview
TL - Thomas Lake
WL - Woodland
WV - Westview
$43 per child per day. Late registration $53 per child per day.
Advanced registration is required to receive the standard program rate. Fees are due Monday, one week prior to the Release Day.
Registrations received later than Monday, one week prior to the release day will result in a $10 premium increase in the school release day tuition.
Registrations completed online can be paid at the time of registration or set up as an automatic electronic fund transfer (EFT). Payment is available for paper registrations via cash, check or EFT. You may authorize EFT on your registration form. EFTs will be processed on Tuesday prior to the week of the release day. You may login online to see your balance and make a payment.
Cancellations and Changes
Changes to the registration for individual release days, including cancellation, must be made in writing to the YMCA Customer Service Center by Monday, one week prior to the start of the release day. We encourage change notices to be submitted as soon as possible. If the change notice is not received, you will be billed for the original enrollment and additional days attended. To submit your cancel request, visit the Contact page. You can email or chat with customer service to complete your request.
What to Bring to School Release Days
(please label all belongings)
- Lunch, beverage and two snacks
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor play and art projects
- On swim field-trip days, a swimsuit, towel and lock
*The YMCA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Please leave toys and valuables at home. In the event of low enrollment (less than 10 participants) the day may be cancelled. You will be notified five days in advance.