Kids have a blast in the Shoreview Y’s full-day recreational program on school release days and school vacation breaks. It’s safe, fun, full of age-appropriate activities that stretch kids’ minds and bodies – and gives them opportunities to practice caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Kids are engaged and entertained
Each day is different – there’s a whole lot of things to do and places to go. Arts and crafts, group games, sports, indoor and outdoor play, themed projects and field trips are just some of the ways your child might spend their day.
Awesome field trips and fun themes
Field trip samples:
- Indoor Activity Parks
- Seasonal Trips such as Pumpkin Patch or Sledding
Island Lake Elementary
3555 N. Victoria St., Shoreview
Turtle Lake Elementary
1141 Lepak Court, Shoreview, MN 55126
2070 County Rd. H, New Brighton
Registration Form PDFs
- Drop-off 6:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Program Day 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Pick-up 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
When the School District calls for a LATE START, Before Care programs are cancelled.
When the School District calls for an EARLY RELEASE, After Care programs are cancelled.
When school is CANCELLED due to severe cold temperatures, extreme snow fall, and/or poor travel conditions, YMCA will run Release Day programs at Sunnyside Elementary and Island Lake Elementary. Inclement-weather Release Day Programs are open to children currently attending YMCA Before Care and/or After Care. Inclement weather program hours for Mounds View School District are 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
School Release Day Calendar
- October 11, 17, 18 Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- November 1, 25, 26, 27 Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- December 23, 26, 27, 30, 31* Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- January 17, 20, 24 Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- February 17 Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- March 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20* Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- April 3, 10 Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- May 22 Sunnyside, Island Lake or Turtle Lake
- June 5* Sunnyside, Island Lake
*Program only available at Sunnyside and Island Lake on marked days
Program ends at 4 p.m. on Dec. 31
$44 per child per day. Late registration $54 per child per day.
Advanced registration is required to receive the standard program rate. Fees are due Monday, one week prior to the Release Day.
Registrations received later than Monday, one week prior to the release day will result in a $10 premium increase in the school release day tuition.
Registrations completed online can be paid at the time of registration or set up as an automatic electronic fund transfer (EFT). Payment is available for paper registrations via cash, check or EFT. You may authorize EFT on your registration form. EFTs will be processed on Tuesday prior to the week of the release day. You may login online to see your balance and make a payment.
Cancellations and Changes
Changes to the registration for individual release days, including cancellation, must be made in writing to the YMCA Customer Service Center by Monday, one week prior to the start of the release day. We encourage change notices to be submitted as soon as possible. If the change notice is not received, you will be billed for the original enrollment and additional days attended. To submit your cancel request, visit the Contact page. You can email or chat with customer service to complete your request.
What to Bring to School Release Days
(please label all belongings)
- Lunch, beverage and two snacks
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor play and art projects
- On swim field-trip days, a swimsuit, towel and lock
*The YMCA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Please leave toys and valuables at home. In the event of low enrollment (less than 10 participants) the day may be cancelled. You will be notified five days in advance.