Located at the Southdale YMCA - Edina, the Tri-City Skate Park opened to rave reviews in October of 2003. The skate park was designed and constructed by Grindline, a leading skate park developer.
The YMCA Tri-City Skate Park is a partnership between the Southdale YMCA - Edina and the cities of Edina, Bloomington, and Richfield. The Southdale YMCA - Edina is responsible for programming, operations, and staffing.
- Accommodates skateboarders, in-line skaters, and free-style bikes
- Features a concrete bowl snake design with street course elements on the side
- Offers enough variety to accommodate a range of skill levels
- Depths range: 4 to 11 feet
For more information on hours, fees and park requirements, please contact the Southdale YMCA at 952-300-3656 or visit our website at southdaleymca.org. For the latest news and information, visit our Facebook page – become a fan today!
To create a safe, positive, and structured environment where skateboarders, in-line skaters, and freestyle bikers can enjoy their sport and gain exposure to the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
7355 York Avenue South
- Free Admission
Resident of Bloomington, Edina or Richfield
- Full Season Pass (April - October): $150
- Daily: $5
- Twilight Pass after 6 pm: $3
- 12 Visit Punch Card: $48
Non-Resident of Bloomington, Edina or Richfield:
- Full Season Pass (April - October): $190
- Daily Fee: $7
- Twilight Pass after 6 pm: $5
- 12 Visit Punch Card: $70
- 1-hour sessions
- $40 per person per one-hour session
Work one on one with a Skateboard Instructor to improve your skateboarding skills and abilities. There is no minimum skill level required for participation in our lessons! Full safety equipment is required for all participants and is available to rent at the Tri-City Skatepark.
Improve your skateboarding skills in a small group setting and have the park to yourself! Lessons are held during non-operating hours to give our participants maximum exposure to all areas of the park. Each class has one Instructor per six participants and are 2 two-hour sessions.
- Cost: $40
2017 Lesson Dates:
- Lesson A – Monday, May 8 & Wednesday, May 10: 6-8 p.m.
- Lesson B – Monday, May 22 & Wednesday, May 24: 6-8 p.m.
- Lesson C – Tuesday, June 6 & Thursday, June 8: 6-8 p.m.
- Lesson D – Saturday, June 17 & Saturday, June 24: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Lesson E – Monday, July 10 & Wednesday, July 12: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Lesson F – Tuesday, July 24 & Thursday, July 26: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Lesson G – Sunday, August 6 & Sunday August 13: 10 a.m. - 12. p.m.
- Lesson H – Saturday, August 19 & Saturday, August 26: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Special group rates are available. The Tri-City Skatepark is a great destination for your child’s next birthday party or any other group event. To schedule large outside groups or group lessons please contact Nicole Plagge at:
- Phone: 952-897-5460
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ages Served
- Full-Day Child Care
- Part-Day Preschool
School Age Care
Apple Valley ISD 196
Arden Hills ISD 621
Burnsville ISD 196
Coon Rapids | Emma B Howe Northtown Family YMCA
Eagan | Faithful Shepherd Catholic School
Eagan ISD 196
Eden Prairie ISD 272
Elk River YMCA
Hudson | River Crest Elementary
Lakeville ISD 196
Lino Lakes | ISD 12
Maplewood Community Center
Minneapolis Downtown ISD 1
Harold Mezile North Community YMCA Youth & Teen Center
Mounds View ISD 621
New Brighton ISD 621
New Hope ISD 281
Rosemount ISD 196
Shakopee Area Catholic School (SACS)
Shakopee ISD 720
Shoreview ISD 621
St. Paul ISD 625
Stillwater | St. Croix Prep Academy
White Bear Area YMCA
Woodbury | Leadership Academy
Woodbury | Math and Science Academy
- Andover YMCA
Parent Resources & Forms
Summer Youth Sports
Park Play Days
- Coon Rapids
- Edina and Eden Prairie
- Elk River
- Forest Lake
- Lino Lakes
- Mounds View
- New Hope
- Prior Lake and Shakopee
- St Paul
- Stillwater | St. Croix Prep Academy
- West St Paul
- White Bear Lake
Summer at the Y
Summer Forms & Handbooks
- Summer Power