A Typical Class
Every class starts with you and your needs. Once your instructor finds the right intensity for you, you’ll be taught to use the equipment. You will exercise in our Fitness Studios where you’ll perform assigned rotations such as lifting free weights, using elastic exercise bands or using adjustable commercial cable machines. Class ends with a cool-down period.
- Improved balance
- Increased strength throughout every joint action
- Increased muscle tissue
- Increased flexibility and agility
- Increased metabolism
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Warm up for at least 10 minutes before exercising and cool down for at least 10 minutes after.
- Maintain good upright posture during all exercises
- Breathe, breathe, breathe – don’t hold your breath while exercising
- Don’t grip your weights tightly
- All movements should be done in a slow to moderate and deliberate manner
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Athletic shoes that provide adequate support and good traction to avoid slipping
- Water bottle