FREE for Members
- Level: All
- Drop-in class
- No registration necessary
- See your doctor first to get clearance for stretch exercises
A Typical Class
Class begins with preliminary stretches that vary according to your level. Stretches advance to intermediate which is more intense and involve every body part. Advanced students are taught complicated stretches. A cool-down period follows.
- Increase in flexibility of the body and range of movement of body parts
- Improve balance, coordination of mind and body
- Improve circulation
- Boost the immune system
- Help in stress management
- Feel lighter, confident and more fluid in your movement.
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Warm up before stretching by walking or doing gentle movements
- Breathe slowly and rhythmically while you stretch
- Avoid pain. Stop immediately if your body hurts beyond mild discomfort
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Athletic shoes that provide adequate support and good traction to avoid slipping
- Water bottle