A Typical Class
Classes take place in our heated indoor pools. We begin with warm-up stretching exercises and move into shallow water moves including a special SilverSneakers kickboard to develop strength, balance and coordination. We end our session with cool-down exercises.
- Improves overall cardiovascular health
- Increases muscular endurance
- Increases upper body strength
- Increases metabolism
- Increases range of motion
- Increases your fun quotient
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Warm up before stretching by walking or doing gentle movements
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready for the pool
- Proper swim attire is required, no basketball shorts, street cloths, etc.
- Towel, water bottle