A Typical Class
Classes take place in our heated indoor pools. This class is similar to Deep Water X with more intense cardio work and muscular strength work that works both horizontally and vertically in the water. Participants combine swimming cardiovascular work, deep-water running, jogging, bicycling and cross-country skiing movements. Class focuses on muscular strength motions that work the body’s major muscle groups as well as motions that work the core and balance.
- Increased strength
- Increased cardio endurance
- Increased core strength
- Improved overall toning
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers on proper fitting and use of the flotation belt.
- Flotation belt
- Resistance and buoyancy equipment
- The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready for the pool
- Proper swim attire is required (swim suit), no basketball shorts, street clothes, etc.
- Water shoes (encouraged)
- Towel, water bottle, aqua jacket (optional)