Free Group Classes for Members
- Level: All
- Drop-in Class
- No registration required
- Kids ages 10 – 14 may attend with a parent or guardian
- Teens age 15+ may attend unaccompanied by an adult
A Typical Class
The instructor sets the mood for each session. Traditional Yoga poses are applied. This class lets your body be your guide. No single pose is required and modifications are available for every pose letting you determine when you’re more flexible or ready for more challenging poses.
- Increased flexibility
- Increased strength
- Reduced stress
- Improved concentration and mood
- Improved heart health
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Arrive 5 minutes early to set your mat up
- Be respectful of other students’ relaxation
- Avoid eating in the two hours preceding class
- Inform your instructor of any injuries you may have before class starts.
- Yoga mat. You may bring your own or rent one from Member Services.
- Bolsters are provided by the Y.
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Tighter-fitting, flexible exercise clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Sweatshirt or warmer layer for the relaxation portion (optional), Water bottle, Yoga mat