A Typical Class
Experience a flowing yoga format that incorporates light hand weights throughout the class. Increase muscular strength and endurance while enjoying the mind/body benefits of a yoga practice. (Like Yoga)
- Increased muscle tone
- Increased balance
- Increased strength
- Improved mood
- Increased lung capacity
- Improved posture
- Better sleep
- Yoga can also counteract stress over time
Tips + Preparation
New to class? Arrive a little early so our instructor can give you some pointers.
- Tell the instructor if this is your first class.
- Familiarize yourself with some beginners’ yoga poses
- Eat lightly before class starts; don’t have a big meal
- Drink water during class and after
- Do not wear shoes or socks during class
- Our classes are cell-phone and PDA-free environments. Please turn them off during class.
The Y provides all equipment for this class
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Water bottle