Discounted for Members
- Age 12-17
- Level: Beginner
- Registration required
- Limit 8 participants per class
- Cost for members: $12 per 30-minute class, $16 per 45-minute class, $20 per 60-minute class
- Cost for non-members: $18 per 30-minute class, $22 per 45-minute class, $26 per 60-minute class
A Typical Class
This 2 hour class will expose teens to a variety of strength training exercises, including free weights. Each session will include a proper warm up, a focus on various strength training exercises for major muscle groups with handouts and a cool down. During the first hour, teens will learn about lower body and “core” strengthening exercises. The second hour, will focus on upper body strength training exercises and touch on treadmill safety and use. The cool down focuses on bringing each participant’s heart rate down, and stretching. The class will conclude with a test out where teens will demonstrate their competency on the exercises taught.
Attire and What to Bring
- Come to class dressed and ready to move your body
- Comfortable, functional clothing made of breathable material to allow air flow
- Proper gym shoes, comfortable fit. We recommend cross-trainers over running shoes, because they’ll give you better foot support for the types of movement you’ll be doing in class.