What Do I Do?
While focusing on role-playing an “adopted” country, students in grades 7-12 exercise the arts of compromise and diplomacy to attempt to solve pressing global problems. As students simulate international organizations, they begin to find new answers to tough questions, to learn and respect opposing points of view, and to utilize the tools of peaceful change.
This program creates a working replica of the United Nations, conducted almost entirely by students. Students can participate in a model General Assembly, International Court of Justice, Economic and Social Council, Security Council, Human Rights Council, or Conference Newspaper.
- Focus on international issues
- Represent a different country and navigate situational problems
- Gain skills related to researching, problem-solving, public speaking, and thinking globally
December 9 through February 28, 2020
March 26 – 28, 2020
Students grades 7-12 from around the Midwest
Minneapolis Marriott City Center
30 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
There are two parts to the cost: the State Fee and the Delegation Fee.
State Fee is $360* and includes:
- Conference fees
- One banquet meal
- 2 nights in the conference hotel
Delegation Fee varies by delegation and includes:
- Transportation to and from the conference
- Varied delegation-specific expenses
*Limited financial assistance available to those who qualify