If you’re already participating in YMCA youth programming, you might be invited to apply to participate in the Career Pathways internship program. This isn’t your stereotypical “get coffee” or “make copies” kind of internship—it’s about creating meaningful experiences for all kinds of kids to grow into competitive candidates for the workforce.
Stay on track for success
With three internship options, you can get an immersive experience that will help you prepare for your future.
- YMCA internships—for ages 14 and up, this is a chance to work at the Y and gain some of your first job skills in areas like customer service, information technology and child care
- Internships with organizations in our community—for ages 16 and up, you can build experience working for a company that cares about your success
- Project-based internships—for ages 18 and up, you can advance what you’ve learned by working on a specific project
If you’re eligible and are accepted to participate, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll explore fields that interest you
- You’ll participate in training and workshops to help you prepare for your internship
- You’ll need to be available to work at least 10 hours a week, and attend professional development workshops
- You’ll learn new and exciting skills that will help you get ready for the future
- You’ll need to be dedicated to learning, and to consistently completing your assigned work on time
Contact us to learn more about eligibility requirements to participate in Career Pathways.