Youth Center is a FREE program run in partnership with the Andover YMCA and the Andover Community Center for Middle School Students. Youth Center offers students a safe place to hang out and participate in activities at the YMCA. Membership is not required to be a part of this program. View our Instagram profile.
Daily activities include
- Student Gym – basketball and other sports in the field house
- Time in the community room – games, activities, projects, ping-pong, and foosball are available
- Study room – for homework, reading and studying. Students can earn study bucks for working on homework to turn in for treats or be entered in gift card drawings.
Other activities available
Scheduled activities including, but not limited to:
- YMCA pool
- YMCA Fit Zone
- Fitness classes
- DIY crafts/projects
- Events (Trivia night, Minute to Win it)
- Service projects
- Leadership opportunities
- Youth in Government
- Dates: September 17 – May 24 on school days (Youth Center is not available on school release days)
- Location: Community Rooms at the Andover YMCA/Community Center
- Times: 3:00-6:00pm
Registration is required to participate. Please complete the registration form and turn it in at the Youth Center or to Member Services at Andover YMCA. You can also email your registration form directly to Katie.OToole@ymcamn.org.
Download Youth Center expectations (to be signed by student)
Youth Center Points System
Here at the YMCA we expect our Youth Center students to make positive contributions to our community while at the program! Starting October 1st we will be using the following point system to encourage positive contributions!
- Students start each month with 20 points (level 3). Their points decrease by 2 every day they attend Youth Center.
- In order to maintain or achieve higher levels, students can earn points by positive contributions. Students earn more privileges as they accumulate more points and reach higher levels.
- Students can lose points by choosing not to follow the Youth Center behavior expectations.
- Students who fall below zero points will not be admitted to Youth Center, until the points reset the following month. (Students may be admitted if they can earn 5+ points by contributing to Youth Center in positive ways).